McAuley Community Services for Women provides much needed services for women and their children who are escaping family violence, and for women who are homeless.
Following in the footsteps of Catherine McAuley – foundress of the Sisters of Mercy – we offer welcoming crisis and longer term accommodation, vital employment services, social and recreational support and children's services.
Our services include:
- a 24/7 safe house which provides crisis accommodation to women and children who are escaping family violence
- McAuley House a unique and ground-breaking approach to homelessness services for women
- a specialist employment program which provides intensive support for women who've been homeless or experienced family violence to find and sustain work
- children's programs - early intervention services to address the trauma that children experience when they are exposed to family violence
- Engage to change - an innovative preventative education program helping employers and their employees proactively address family violence in the workplace.
CEO Xmas message
The community's Christmas generosity, with donations pouring into our office, continues to astound and move us.
Harold: 'a legend'
One of McAuley House's most popular visitors is four-legged, fluffy, loves cuddles and attention...and feigns a limp!
Our community Xmas a hit
Karaoke, beautifully decorated tables and multicultural food were highlights in this year's very festive community Christmas lunch.
Man With A Van delivers
Man With A Van's generous pro bono support has helped many women and children to leave a violent relationship.
Annual report 2017-18
We helped 1375 women and children to build new futures safe and free from violence. Read more about our year.