McAuley Community Services for Women provides much needed services for women and their children who are escaping family violence, and for women who are homeless.
Following in the footsteps of Catherine McAuley – foundress of the Sisters of Mercy – we offer welcoming crisis and longer term accommodation, vital employment services, social and recreational support and children's services.
Our services include:
- a 24/7 safe house which provides crisis accommodation to women and children who are escaping family violence
- McAuley House a unique and ground-breaking approach to homelessness services for women
- a specialist employment program which provides intensive support for women who've been homeless or experienced family violence to find and sustain work
- children's programs - early intervention services to address the trauma that children experience when they are exposed to family violence
- Engage to change - an innovative preventative education program helping employers and their employees proactively address family violence in the workplace.
HumanUp. Tap & Give
We’re excited to announce we have partnered with ImpactPay. It's a first-of-its-kind debit card that lets you Tap & Give to the causes you’re passionate about.
Economic abuse podcast
An ABC Law Report program describing our partnership with WEstjustice in tackling economic abuse and debt caused by family violence is available to download.