Work With Us
McAuley Community Services for Women attracts dedicated and professional staff who are devoted to assisting women and children in crisis, and who want to work at an organisation that is committed to respecting the unique value and differences of every woman and child it encounters.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications for positions from all backgrounds.
Team Leader Skills 4 Life
30.4 hours per week – Inner West Location - 12 months fixed term contract
We have an exciting opportunity to lead our Skills 4 Life program. The program is co-located in Victoria’s first purpose built residential hub for women.
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development and management of the Skills 4 Life program, and for building external sustainable
skill development partnerships to support women and children across the organisation. Reporting to the Manager, McAuley House this role will be critical
to working collaboratively both with internal and external key stakeholders to deliver an innovative program to assist women and children.
Essentially we are looking for someone with:
- Community services program planning and coordination experience;
- Knowledge of the psychosocial recovery model;
- Case management experience in the community sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of family centered practice & strengths based approach;
- Experience using risk management frameworks; and
- Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act and the Family Violence sector.
It is highly desirable (but not essential) that you have:
- Experience in reflective practice, supervision and building team culture;
- Experience using SHIP/SHOR database practice;
- Knowledge of funding streams; and
- Experience managing the complexities of establishing a new and innovative program.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or equivalent is required for this role. Alternatively, you may hold transferable skills and
experience with a background in program coordination/management and/or leadership in the family violence sector.
- Competitive Salary plus salary packaging
- Flexible working conditions
- Excellent support and growth opportunities
- A position where you are encouraged to make a social impact and to innovate.
A National Police Check (and International if applicable), current Working with Children Check (Employee version) and a current driver’s licence are essential. Salary is in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Level 6.
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. For further information in relation to this opportunity phone Carol on 9362 8900. Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 9 July and must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. This role is open only to female identifying candidates.Download the Position Description