Work With Us
McAuley Community Services for Women attracts dedicated and professional staff who are devoted to assisting women and children in crisis, and who want to work at an organisation that is committed to respecting the unique value and differences of every woman and child it encounters.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications for positions from all backgrounds.
Case manager (full time) - McAuley House Footscray
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Case Manager to join our team. You will provide intensive and individualised case management support
to women affected by family violence and/or homelessness. The position is based in a positive and professional team with strong leadership, focused
on empowering women in the Western region.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of case management frameworks including strategies to produce effective outcomes for clients.
- Understanding of crisis intervention and management of clients with complex needs.
- Sound decision making and risk management skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external services, and build strong working relationships.
- A sound understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and its impact on women and children.
- Integrity and respect for those affected by homelessness, mental illness and /or family violence.
A Working with Children Check (Employer Version) and a current driver’s license are mandatory. Successful appointment to a position will be subject to a National (and international if applicable) Police check. Salary is in accordance with the SCHADS Award Level 4.
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. For further information call Caddy on 9283 8932. Applications close on Tuesday August 20 at 5pm and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the ad
Download the position description
Residential care worker (casual)
We have an opportunity for a Residential Care Worker to work as part of an innovative team supporting women and children who are experiencing family violence and/ or homelessness. You will be well supported by a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on strength based practice. These roles will work across McAuley House and McAuley Care, with various shifts available.
Qualifications and experience in Human Services/Welfare and/or related discipline are not essential but preferable. Ideally you will have some of the following skills:
- Experience in individual support in daily living activities and ability to care for the women and children residing at our sites.
- Experience in residential support and ability to work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and other staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes.
- Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act, Child Safe Standards and the Common Risk Assessment Framework.
- Previous experience in the mental health, family violence and or homelessness sector.
- High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. Please email your application to email@example.com. For further information, contact Caddy on 03 9283 8932.
Applications close Wednesday the 7th of August, 2019 at 5pm.Download the position description.