Work With Us
McAuley Community Services for Women attracts dedicated and professional staff who are devoted to assisting women and children in crisis, and who want to work at an organisation that is committed to respecting the unique value and differences of every woman and child it encounters.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications for positions from all backgrounds.
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic person who loves communications and social media to join our team.
The Communications Officer responsibilities include:
- Coordination and production of newsletters and a variety of promotional materials across the organisation for both internal and external audiences
- Coordinate McAuley’s social media channels and work on strategies and plans for growing audiences
- Develop content for and maintain organisation’s website
- Work on the development of advocacy and community awareness campaigns
- Identify media opportunities to promote the organisation’s work and issues of importance to the organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification in communications or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience of at least two years in a communications role including social media coordination.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and working with a team to develop content and stories.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and evaluate community awareness programs or advocacy campaigns.
- Understanding of family violence and/or homelessness.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks to deliver on agreed
A National Name Check, current Working with Children Check and a current driver’s licence are essential. Salary is in accordance with the Social, Community,
Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award – Level 4. Salary packaging is also available.
Click here for the position description. Only applications addressing
the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. Applications to be sent to Sharon Torney, Head of Fundraising and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close 5pm, Thursday 27 July 2017.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
McAuley Community Services for Women has exemption from the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Exemption No. A209/2012. Only women need apply.