Everyone, women and men, boys and girls have the right to be safe, especially in their own home. Just because you are young doesn’t mean you cannot make a big difference to building a better society and helping put a stop to violence. McAuley Community Services for Women offers you a way to stand up and be counted and to get involved in our work. You can help raise awareness about issues relating to family violence and homelessness, or raise money to help women and children escaping unsafe situations.
You can get involved in one of our scheduled events including, our High Tea Appeal in May, host a fundraiser in Homeless Persons Week in August, join our team for the Melbourne marathon in October, do a Christmas appeal and many many more.
Or do what some other schools have done and organise:
- Teddy bear picnic, wear your pyjamas to school and bring your favourite soft toy
- Host a sleep out at your school
- Encourage your school alumni to fundraise for our refuge
We have an enthusiastic team who love to work with young people to make change happen, please call us on 9371 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can support your initiatives.
Our 'how to fundraise' kit
We have a great fundraising kit which step by step shows you how to put on an event, write a media release, and everything else you need to do to make your fundraising successful.
You can download the kit here.
We would love to discuss how you can get involved to support our work. Here are few ways you can make a big difference:
- Commission us to run our workplace training program – Engage to Change for your staff or parent community
- Incorporate information about our work in your curriculum
- Apply for grants to run projects to support McAuley Community Services for Women.