We use our knowledge of the issues facing women and children, their experiences, and gaps in services and systems, to advocate for change.
2020 submissions – homelessness
- In February 2020 we made a submission to the Victorian Parliament’s Inquiry into Homelessness.
Read more about how women contributed their words and stories to our submission.
- In July 2020 our CEO Jocelyn Bignold and one of our clients ‘Megan’ gave evidence before this Inquiry.
- In June 2020 we made a submission to the Australian Parliament’s Standing Committee on Social and Legal Affairs’ Inquiry into Homelessness.
2020 submissions – family violence
In July 2020 we made a submission to the work of the Victorian Family Violence Reform Implementation Monitor.
We also made a submission to the Australian Parliament’s Standing Committee on Social and Legal Affairs’ Inquiry into Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence
In 2019 we made submissions to:
- the Victorian Royal Commission into Mental Health Services where we explained that a focus on mental health is central to all our work, and advocated for further investment in vital community health services
- a Victorian Government Parliamentary Inquiry into Disadvantaged Jobseekers, where we used our insight into the challenges that women who’ve experienced family violence and homelessness can face in getting work. Our Chief Executive Officer Jocelyn Bignold also gave evidence before the Inquiry.