Residential support worker
Part-time and casual roles
Residential Support Workers
1 x part time position (Inner West) available
Casual shifts (Inner West & Ballarat) available
We have an opportunity for Residential Support Workers to work as part of an innovative
team supporting women and children who are experiencing family violence and/or
homelessness. You will be well supported by a committed, collaborative team of workers
with an emphasis on strength-based practice. These roles will work across McAuley House
and McAuley Care as well as shifts available at our Ballarat site.
Qualifications and experience in Human Services/Welfare and/or related discipline are not
essential but preferable. Ideally you will have some of the following skills:
- experience in individual support in daily living activities and ability to care for the
women and children residing at our sites.
- experience in residential support and ability to work collaboratively with the Program
Coordinator and other staff.
- ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes.
- knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act, Child Safe Standards and the
Common Risk Assessment Framework.
- previous experience in the mental health, family violence and or homelessness
- high level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a
focus on developing your professional competence according to our Direct Practice
A Police check, Working with Children Check (employee version) and current driver’s licence
are required. Salary will be negotiated in accordance with the SCHADS Award and
experience. Salary packaging is also available.
Download a position description:
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. Please email
your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, contact Phillippa on 0447 174 832.
Applications close Wednesday 18 December, 2019 at 5 pm.