Our volunteers are an essential part of our organisation. In 2018/2019 100 volunteers worked across every part of our organisation. We really couldn’t manage without their support.
If you’d like to help women and children move towards safer, better lives, while also gaining a unique and valuable personal experience, we have a wide range of opportunities for people who can spare three to four hours a week or fortnightly.
We can accommodate business or school hours, weekends, and after hours. There are so many ways to get involved!
Right now we’re looking for:
- someone who can contribute in a volunteer administrative role once a week
- over the summer months of January/February 2020, we are looking for people who are available on Tuesday mornings to collect from a FoodBank.
Fill in the form below if you think you can help us and make a real difference.
Benefits of volunteering
You can expect to:
- gain satisfaction from contributing in a meaningful way
- use your skills and interests to support women and their children
- be a member of a team with shared values and goals
- be valued and appreciated by those you work with
- learn more about McAuley Community Services for Women and the issues faced by women experiencing homelessness
- gain a current reference for future study or employment applications
- add work experience to build your resume.
What’s more, it’s a social environment and while helping others you’re sure to still have fun!