Our volunteers are an essential part of our organisation. In 2018/2019 100 volunteers worked across every part of our organisation. We really couldn’t manage without their support.
If you’d like to help women and children move towards safer, better lives, while also gaining a unique and valuable personal experience, we have a wide range of opportunities for people who can spare three to four hours a week or fortnightly.
We can accommodate business or school hours, weekends, and after hours. There are so many ways to get involved!
Right now we’re looking for:
- tutors to help children whose education has been interrupted by family violence – find out more about this program
- qualified driving instructors to support women as they practise their driving skills and build up their hours. The ideal candidate will be flexible in their availability and have a vehicle for the sessions.
- someone who is passionate about inventory, order and spreadsheets! You’ll need a drivers’ licence, be fit and able to transport donated items between sites, and have superior interpersonal skills. We need you to be reliably available for a weekly shift.
Fill in the form below if you think you’re a good fit with one of these roles or if you have other skills where you could help us and make a real difference.
Benefits of volunteering
You can expect to:
- gain satisfaction from contributing in a meaningful way
- use your skills and interests to support women and their children
- be a member of a team with shared values and goals
- be valued and appreciated by those you work with
- learn more about McAuley Community Services for Women and the issues faced by women experiencing homelessness
- gain a current reference for future study or employment applications
- add work experience to build your resume.
What’s more, it’s a social environment and while helping others you’re sure to still have fun!